Injecting platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
You must adhere to the following conditions before and after the procedure:
- Get a diagnostic ultrasound in our clinic before the procedure.
- Do not receive cortisone injections less than three months before the procedure
- Have no contraindications to hyaluronic acid injections (Synvisc or Durolane).
- Stop taking anti-inflammatory drugs (Advil, Naprosyn, etc.) at least two weeks before the procedure.
- Do not take antiplatelet or anticoagulant drugs.
- Leave the injection site undisturbed for a period of 72 hours. Over the following two weeks, you can go about your daily activities (with some restrictions depending on the injection site). We will provide you with instructions on the day of your procedure. Avoid practicing sports for six weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs (Advil, Naprosyn, etc.) for two weeks after the procedure.
If any of these conditions are not met, please notify the receptionist immediately.