Duration of the visit
45 to 60 minutes
Duration of the examination (immobility required)
15 to 20 minutes
What is a testicular ultrasound?
Testicular ultrasound is useful for analyzing the epididymis, testes, and canals. It is used in the following cases:
- Detection of a testicular torsion;
- Location of an undescended testicle;
- Detection of fertility problems;
- Determination of the presence of nodules in the scrotal region;
- Determination of whether a protuberance in the scrotum or testicles is solid (tumor) or filled with liquid (cyst);
- Discovery of tumors;
- Assessment of blood vessels.
No preparation is required before a testicular ultrasound. However, it is recommended to avoid the use of creams or perfumes before the examination.
Book an appointment
Make sure you have your doctor’s prescription on hand before you request a callback for an ultrasound appointment.